Shortly after we arrived at the hospital today they did a dressing change on Brandon. Our neighbor who is an RN was kind enough to come by a learn how to do it. She will be helping us when we get home with Brandon. Things look good. He has a few small spots that haven't taken yet, but they said the they will fill in over time. The graft has staples all around it. They took about half of them out today. Brandon will be happy when they are gone. They are pretty itchy.
Late yesterday afternoon Brandon started having a little trouble with his medications making him disoriented and also needed to go back on oxygen. He wasn't very good at exercising his lungs yesterday with that little breathing machine thing. I'll bet if he is diligent today, he can get back off of it. The nurses state that it is pretty normal for the meds to give people trouble. If I were to guess when he will be coming home, I would guess Tuesday or Wednesday. There's no definitive answer for now.
Overall, he is doing great. Physical therapy will be coming today and he will be able to get up for the first time. We are excited for that! I know I've said this before, but the staff here has been great!
Saturday afternoon:
Brandon got up for the first time today. They helped him walk around the nurses station 3 times. He felt like it was more like 30 miles I'm sure. Later in the evening we took him for his first wheelchair ride to see daylight. He wasn't feeling too well so we made it a short trip. I'm sure we'll be able to do a lot more tomorrow. He can hardly wait to get home!!!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Brandon
Hope all is well with you today. Sorry to hear that you are having breathing difficulties. During my hospital stay, the respiratory therapist woke me up and midnight and made me do breathing exercises! Hope you don't have to do that! I am so glad to hear that your grafts are healing well. When do you anticipate going home? The camp at Snow College went well and I hope everyone had a good time and learned some football. Right now, your main workout is to do your therapy and be patient while your grafts heal. Take care.
Coach Morgan
Thanks coach. He can hardly wait to be back!
Lots of love and well wishes from our family to yours.
Your sweet neighbor (the nurse) told us the news.....if she is the one you are speaking of, you're in very capable, skilled, and loving hands!
You are in our prayers!
Love,
Brenda, Dane, Dallas, Mitch, and Syd.
Thanks Brenda. We do have some awesome neighbors!
Hey man I'm back from Puerto Rico now. My parents tried to keep me posted while I was gone. I heard that your skin graphs are taking well, I was very glad to hear that. Stay tough through all this even though it is hard. I know you will be back to rowdy self in no time. Be patient and positive while you heal, everything will be ok in no time. I can't wait for you to get home so I can see you, take care.
Buddy
Buddy,
I know he can't wait to be home and hang out. Thanks for your note!
Post a Comment